The ME-SBC is an innovative two-bank battery combiner. It is designed to monitor and charge a second battery using a portion of the current that is charging a main battery. This 25 Amp combiner/isolator integrates an optional solenoid drive, remote voltage sense for more accurate sensing, High and Low battery cut-out to prevent over/undercharging, and automatic 12 or 24 Volt operation. The basic design makes connecting the SBC as simple as it can get. Like other 3 wire voltage followers, this is a very simple device to connect and setup. The universal controls and connections make this a perfect replacement product. The remote sense line can be used to monitor the battery voltage of a battery far away or at a charging source. Also, this is used to help minimize unnecessary cycling between combining and isolating, which can lead to early solenoid failure.
- Voltage auto-detect feature recognizing 12 or 24 VDC
- Transfers up to 25 amps
- Solenoid drive for requirements greater than 25 amps.
- Over-temperature and over-current shut down.
- Adjustable voltage settings with a wide range allows for charging flexibility.
- Bi-directional charging
- Reverse polarity protection
- Sense lead for long-run applications